The Subject Detail Information reflects all information processed through the District Curriculum Committee for the college initiating action on a new or modified subject. This is official information on the MCCCD subjects reported as outcomes of action taken by the District Curriculum Committee from Fall 2004 to present.
Per established District Curriculum Committee processes the development of a new subject requires the initiator to submit the subject prior to the submission of course proposals using the subject. The initiator of a new subject must submit the following to the District Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation:
- The name of the initiating institution(s).
- The effective first year term of the new subject.
- The Description of the new subject (formal) (Example: Computer Information Systems, for CIS subject)
- The Description of the Content Area that will be taught under the new subject, i.e., a paragraph describing the type of coursework/instruction and any related application to an occupational field.
- The Department/Division (aka academic organization or group) for the respective institutions responsible for the new subject.
- The name of the Instructional Council (IC) responsible for the evaluation of courses using the new subject.
- Hiring Qualifications, as recommended by the assigned instructional council, required for a faculty member to teach courses that fall under the new subject. (Note: This step is accomplished according to the procedure for "Faculty Hiring Qualifications for a course subject.)
(Note: Sourced from the Curriculum Procedures Handbook.)