The District Grants Development and Management Department promotes the development and enhancement of college and district strategies and priorities through proposal development processes, prospect research and cultivation efforts, training, and grants management technical assistance. Proposals are submitted to both public and private external sources to: foster teaching and learning; meet student, community and workforce needs; and promote institutional development. Funding from external sources further the Maricopa Community Colleges' strategic goals and priorities.
We provide a variety of services including:
- Being the only Maricopa County Community College District department authorized to submit grant proposals and official documents that do not require nonprofit 501 (c) (3) status. Proposals requiring nonprofit 501 (c) (3) status must be submitted through the Maricopa Foundation.
- Facilitate communication with other departments pertinent to grant implementation (Legal, Institutional Review Board, HR, Purchasing, etc).
- Dissemination of timely and accurate grants-related information.
- Technical assistance and guidance to grant coordinators, faculty, staff, and administrators district-wide in the planning, development, and writing of competitive grant proposals.
- First point of contact for procedures that must be adhered to in order to submit proposals and manage grants.
- Technical assistance in the management and evaluation of funded proposals.
- Leadership and sharing of professional development resources with college grant coordinators.