The Male Empowerment Network (MEN) is designed to improve the retention and degree completion rates of its minority male students.
The primary goals of the Male Empowerment Network is to:
Increase the access, persistence, and graduation rate of minority male students
Connect minority male students with academic and professional support resources/services
Create a culture of success and empowerment among minority male students
2017 MEN Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation
George Evans Minority Male Initiative Transfer Scholarship Fund
Sponsored by the Helios Education Foundation
• The purpose of the George Evans Minority Male Initiative Transfer Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to active Male Empowerment Network (MEN) scholars who are transferring from one of the Maricopa Community Colleges to Arizona State University (ASU). Students can attend any of the ASU campuses.
• Scholarship awards are for $1000. Up to three scholarships will be awarded each fall.
• The scholarships funds may be used for tuition, books, or technology needs.
• Funds will be forwarded from the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation to ASU as a scholarship award.
The applicant must:
• Be an active member of a Maricopa Community Colleges MEN Chapter through direct participation in meetings, workshops, events, community service, and conferences (minimum of five activities per academic year).
• Be working toward their first bachelor’s degree with intent to seek degree completion at ASU.
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
• Be accepted at ASU.
-Complete application formMEN Chapter activity sheet
-Letter of recommendation from a MEN Chapter advisor
-The letter of recommendation must include a signature, title, and contact number. The letter must specifically address the individual’s personal strengths, leadership qualities, and academic achievements. The letter should also speak to the MEN scholar’s participation in their MEN chapter.
-Copy of an unofficial MCCCD transcript
-Copy of ASU Acceptance Letter (if the letter is not available at time of application, please indicate the date of application).
-500 word essay describing your academic and career plans and how receiving this scholarship will assist you in meeting your goals.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017 - Click here to apply
The MEN program was featured in the Maricopa Matters Newsletter
Congratulations to all of our 2016 MEN student graduates. We are very proud of you!